Some of you (if anyone still reads this!) may have noticed I haven't posted anything new in quite a while. Well, there's a reason. Near the beginning of the summer we updated the OS (operating system, for those not familiar with computer lingo) on our Mac. It turns out the Canon picture downloader is not compatible with the new OS so I couldn't download my pics to the computer. I kept meaning to get a card reader but I kept putting it off/forgetting as I am inclined to do. :-) The pictures kept building and building.
Fast forward to my card reader arriving fresh from Ebay. I insert my CF card into the reader. Nothing. I unplug the USB and try again. Nothing. I try an SD card from my little point and shoot. Works. Now I'm getting worried. Our Playstation 3 happens to have a CF card reader so I give that a try. The Playstation can see the CF card is there and can see the folder but there are no pictures in it. Now I'm considerably more worried. I plug the card back into my camera. Yup, there they are, my entire summer's worth of pictures, so why isn't any device reading that they're there????
Next I drive to Inkley's and talk to some dude there. He says they can try a picture recovery and then, should he recover any pictures, burn them to a disc. It takes a couple hours. Great. Call me when it's done. On to that evening. He calls and tells me he retrieved a bunch of pictures! Wahoo! I get the disc home and start perusing the pics. I start seeing our Easter pics, our trip to Europe, and Logan's birthday. These are not the pictures I was expecting. I have all of these pictures all ready.
So, to make a long story longer :), most of our summer pictures are lost forever. These include Izzy's first birthday and Logan's first day of Kindergarten. I'm pretty sad but I have learned a valuable lesson.
A few days later, my garbage disposal takes a giant crap and dies. The next day it's the Playstation 3's turn. It displays what Luke refers to as, "the red light of death." ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????? It seems that the appliances and electronics in our house are rebelling. I'll let you know if they gain artificial intelligence and form an army to take over the world. That is unless my computer decides to join them. Then you're on your own.............
6 comments:
How frustrating! It's sad when pictures get eaten :( Hopefully the run of terminal electronic illnesses is over!
I hate that you lost all of your pictures! That is a bugger!! Bad luck comes in 3s right? So it should be over now:)
That's a huge bummer! Losing pictures is the worst! We had a little scare awhile back as well- where I almost lost all the picts on my computer, I was literally sick. Luckily, everything worked out. Hopefully things start looking up for you =)
Yay for a new post, boo for crappy rebellious electronics!
So sad about your photos! I'd be devastated to lose mine. That's the worst! Hopefully your luck turns around! :)
worst thing ever! serious~ sorry chick! hope the electronics start behaving asap!
Post a Comment