Thursday, June 30, 2011

Weekend Adventures.....

This past weekend we went with the Berlin's to the South Ogden Days carnival. It was super hot but not too busy to the kids got to have some fun. Izzy was soooo good just chillin in her stroller watching everyone. Logan and Jackson had some good times on the kiddie rides. 







This slide was really tall. I jokingly asked Logan if he wanted to go on it with me, thinking he would say no. To my immense surprise he said he wanted to go on it. All righty. 

So we walk up these metal steps, you know, the ones where you can see between the steps. We're walking higher and higher and I'm starting to freak out a bit from the height. Of course, I don't want to alarm Logan so I'm just repeating in my head, "Don't look down, don't look down, DO NOT LOOK DOWN!" We get to the top and Logan has yet to freak out. I sit down and put him in front of me. This is when he gets a good look at the slide and how far up we are. He grabs onto a bar with an iron grip and won't let go. I thought about letting him up and walking back down the stairs and then I figured, screw it. Every kid needs at least one terrifying childhood experience, right?? I pried his hand off, said Let's go, and pushed off. Needless to say he was not pleased. He screamed all the way down. He eventually got over it and now I have a funny story to tell. ;-) 


On Sunday we went to the zoo. We had some fun times there as well. Although, I was less than impressed by all the big breasted women with their sweaty cleavage swinging everywhere. I know it's hot but that stuff needs to be put away. There are children present!! 







3 comments:

Alicia said...

It was a fun weekend! That picture of the slide -- your face and Logan covering his -- classic --I had a good laugh:)

SKU said...

lol! I absolutely love the story of the slide and your sense of humor. You made me laugh. Looks like a fun weekend.

Brittany said...

i seriously just laughed out loud with the picture of you and logan!!! so fun- and the last one of luke is pretty funny too ;) glad you guys are having a great summer!