June. The month of graduations and birthdays. Fun stuff. June started off with Logan's graduation from Preschool. He want to the Bravo Arts Academy in Washington Terrace. It was a really great school and it really helped bring Logan out of his shell.
As part of the curriculum, they learned notes and simple songs on the piano. Logan played Hot Cross Buns. This was a really proud parenting moment for me. Logan got up in front of 30 or 40 parents and played his song. He's so shy I really thought he would be too intimidated but he did it!! Yay!
This is what he would do whenever he noticed I was taking his picture.
At the end of the program they all got a little medal, a book showing their progress and a graduation certificate.
Again with the face.
A random pic of Izzy. She generally gets food all over. I think it's funny.
My sis-in-law Kristin, graduated from High School this year. Luke and I started dating when she was like 6 or 7.... it makes me feel old. :)
Kristin, or Kiki as we call her, and her boyfriend Tanner. Logan adores Tanner. He's always willing to play with Logan. It's nice because he has just about as much energy as Logan does so he can keep up with him. :)
The in-laws.
Next up is Logan's birthday. As I mentioned before, he's shy and he really hates being the center of attention. In the past we've always had his b-day parties with both sides of the family. He generally does well until he gets to the opening presents part. He gets really uncomfortable with everyone's attention on him and then he refuses to open presents and gets all ornery. Oh, he also hates to blow out the candles and have Happy Birthday sung to him.
Anyway, because of that we decided to do a party with each family separately. It worked out quite a bit better. He didn't get all weird and run away and he seemed to enjoy the parties. Of course, this was quite a bit more work for me. Two separate parties means two separate dinners and two separate cakes. Logan wanted a Mario cake and a Superhero cake but I talked him into Superhero cupcakes instead. It was quite the production making a cake and cupcakes and organizing a BBQ but I think I did a pretty good job!
Celebrating opening Super Mario Galaxy 2. He's obsessed with all things Mario these days.
Whenever anyone would ask him what he wanted for his birthday all he would say is "a Captain America shield."
The Super Mario cake I made for him. I searched SEVEN stores to find those Mario figures on the top. The things we do for our children!
Teri and Izzy
The Super Hero cupcakes. I made those Super Hero emblems on the top of them. A few are a little wonky but Logan was super excited about them. For the uninitiated... there are Captain America, the X-men, Spiderman, and the Flash emblems.
This is the only picture we could manage of all three grandkids together. Awesome isn't it?? :D
Logan and grandma Karen.
On a completely different subject... those of you who know about photography and cameras, my camera seems to be photographing on the dark side... even in fairly bright light. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? Is it something I'm doing?

















3 comments:
That first picture of Iz is SO cute! What a sweet little thing:) That is really awesome about Logan playing the piano in front of all those people...he really has opened up a lot. His party was fun. That Mario cake is amazing...you did a fabulous job. And of course the cupcakes are fabulous as well..and delicious:)
I am in love with the Mario cake! You are one talented chick :)
Looks like you guys have been busy. I have wondered about that school in the Terrace, it looks like a good one. Hope you guys have a fun summer!
That cake is AMAZING!!! I knew you took the beginner's class--did you take more advanced ones too or do you just naturally have mad cake-decorating skills?
Post a Comment