Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Big 28.....

Apparently, I was mistaken... this is not an official movie poster. But still delicious! 


It was my birthday on Friday and Luke surprised me with a mini-getaway to SLC for a night. We stayed at this really cute hotel called Hotel Monaco. It's right downtown across from the Capitol Theatre. I absolutely love the wallpaper. I told Luke we should do our room like that but he wasn't too keen on the idea! They had these cool leopard print robes instead of the usual white. I wanted Luke to strike a sexy pose in it to post but he didn't like that idea either! 
For dinner we went to Flemings, a steak house in the Gateway. It was super-yummy and they gave me a little box of chocolate covered strawberries because it was my birthday! Score! I had a great birthday, thanks Luke!! 


This was the little entry to our room (below). It was so cute. I love the funky stool. There were a couple of cute chairs I could have stolen, too! 



4 comments:

Sharstin said...

Happy Birthday!sounds like you had a great b-day--and that looks like a fun place

Robyn Maughan said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a chic place to stay. Such a nice husband to have a little getaway for the two of you.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday!!! I totally need to go to that hotel......
So when is our next girls night out? We need to celebrate!

Alicia said...

I love the rooms, it looks like a cute place. Luke is so sweet to surprise you with a night away. He is always doing nice things like that. He loves the surprises:) I love that poster too...November will be here before we know it!