Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recent Activities......

Well, it's been a crazy couple of months! As some of you may know I some health troubles that lasted nearly the entire month of March. In fact, it started 2 days after my 30th birthday! When Logan was asked why Mommy was sick and in the hospital, he replied, "Because she's 30!" Awesome. Not to worry, I'm feeling much better now..... even though I'm still 30. ;)

So here are a few pictures of the kids that I took a month or so ago. 

Izzy is growing really fast. She's 8 months old and has already been creeping and crawling around for about a month and a half. She really wants to be able to cruise along the couch but her legs aren't quite strong enough yet. 

Logan is still enjoying preschool. It's really helped him come out of his shell. He will actually answer most strangers when they ask him a question. For those of you who don't know my son... this is major progress. He had Kindergarten Round-Up this month and seems to be OK with going to a new school with new kids. I can't tell you how relieved this makes me. Although I must confess, when they took all the kids to see the classrooms and the parents stayed behind I got a little teary eyed. I don't know why it's different than dropping him off at preschool. It just felt different to me somehow. Maybe it's because it's such a big step. I mean, preschool was a BIG step but now he's going to be in Elementary School. Where does the time go???? 



Last weekend we went with Alicia and Ben up to Baby Animal Days in Logan. It was nice in the valley but intermittently pouring rain up there. We decided to tough it out since we drove all that way. By the end of the day we were muddy and damp but I think the kids had fun.



Pretty Peacock

 Logan freaked out that the pretty peacock was going to attack him from behind. 



We live down by the Weber River in Riverdale. The river has been running high this season and with all the rain we've been getting, it flooded. Several homes in our neighborhood had their basements flooded. I thanked the Good Lord we didn't buy a house in the flood plain. Whew! It was quite the mess.  When I took these pictures the water had gone down a little bit. You can see on the trail where it's wet... that's where the water was that morning. Over on the left you can kind of tell where the natural curve of the river usually is. 


 Below is the pass under the road. I'm guessing if I was nuts and waded in there, the water would be at least up to my neck. 

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Ha! I love that one of Logan looking back at the peacock...cracks me up! And I can't believe he is going to be in Kindergarten already. I am sure he will do great.

That is crazy about the walkway..I can't believe it was that flooded.

Jill said...

I'm so glad you weren't one of the houses that flooded! And that you're feeling better. The picture of Logan totally reminds me of Jesse (though most pictures of Logan do). Way cute!

Janae said...

I'm sorry to hear that you had been sick, but so glad that you are feeling better and also that your house did not get flooded. YIKES. Heaven knows you already had to go through the whole fish tank fiasko not TOO long ago :p