Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Logan's 4th and Other News....

Logan turns 4 today but we had his party on Sunday. We had both families over for food, fun, and cake. Logan was spoiled, as usual. :) I'm pretty sure he got everything he asked for. He'd been asking for the Iron Man Rocket Boost (below) for months. That's been his favorite toy so far. He sleeps with it and carries it pretty much everywhere he goes.
There aren't too many pictures because he got a bit surly during gift opening. He hates to be the center of attention and gets a bit frustrated when people are too focused on him. Hopefully he will grow out of this crippling shyness! I was pretty shy when I was little so it must be genetic! :)
Thanks to everyone for the gifts and fun.

Logan requested a Spongebob cake this year. I think I did a pretty good job!
He got a slip-n-slide from his aunt Kristin. He wasn't too sure about it at first and he wouldn't ever slide down it but he did decide it was pretty fun to walk down.
Yes, my child has inherited my nearly albino skin. This means we have to apply copious amounts of sunscreen!

In other pregnancy news... this pregnancy hasn't been as uneventful as it was with Logan. About a month ago I had a kidney infection and had to go up to the hospital for IV antibiotics. At 28 weeks I did the standard glucose test and it came back high so I had to go do the 3 hour glucose tolerance test at the hospital lab. That was fun. Those results were high as well so that means I have gestational diabetes. I should be able to control it with diet and exercise. I have to go see a dietician later this week to set me up with a meal plan to help keep my sugars in check.

There are risks for the baby but they can be minimized by keeping up with the diet, exercising, and testing my glucose levels 4 times a day. Since I've now had gestational diabetes I'm at a higher risk of developing diabetes again in a future pregnancy and also later in life.

The baby and I will be more closely monitored. I'll go in for an ultrasound in a couple weeks to make sure she's not getting too big to deliver vaginally. Logan was 9 lbs. so I think my body might be good at delivering large babies! :) Starting at 32-34 weeks I'll have to go to the doc twice a week to be hooked up to a fetal heart monitor for 30 minutes each time. I'll be induced at 39 weeks which is exactly 4 days before Logan starts his first day of preschool so I'm a bit stressed about that.

That's all for now!

4 comments:

Janae said...

I hope everything goes ok.

Sam said...

Logan has the sweetest smile! Congrats on having a little girl! They are tons of fun, but it's hard not to buy all those cute bows, dresses,and other fun accessories. Good luck with everything!

Alicia said...

Logan's party was fun and the cake you did was really great! I don't think I could do that! Good luck with everything, you don't have much longer to go:)

Jill said...

Oh my heck, I just read that again and realized YOU made the cake. Impressive!!! And I love looking at pictures of Logan--he's always just so happy and he's such a little Kupfer (sorry Luke)!