Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hallelujah.....

After months and months of crying and temper tantrums (by both of us!), I'm pleased to announce that my son has finally decided that peeing in the potty is not scary. YES!!!! I don't know what was different about this attempt but it finally took! Once he stopped being so freakin stubborn, it was surprisingly easy. He hasn't had any accidents or anything. Granted, he now thinks he needs to go pee every 30 minutes but this is a trade I'm willing to make.

We'd tried everything we could think of... rewards, watching me and Luke pee so he could see it's no big deal, I spent hours on the internet looking for every tip or trick I could find, I even pulled up Youtube videos of other kids learning to potty train for him to watch (yes, slightly weird but I was willing to try anything.) This time we tried the easing him into it approach. First, I had him wear his underwear and when he needed to pee we put a pull-up on him and had him sit on the toilet and pee in the pull-up. The next time he need to pee, we put the pull-up in the bowl of the potty and had him pee into that. The next time he had to go, I asked him if he wanted the pull-up in the potty or not. He said no and went about his business, then he gets up and says, "See mom, it's not scary after all!" Sigh. I don't know if it was the pull-up method we used or if he was just finally ready but in any case I'm very, very excited!

4 comments:

Janae said...

Hey sweetie!!! It looks like we have something in common :p both our boys are potty training. The sad part is that I was mislead to think that once they started you were done, but #2 has become the issue now (sigh). Congrats to you!!! Hopefully your experience with potty training will be shorter than mine :) I'm so excited to read your blog and keep up on what you're doing! Love you sweetie!!!

Lindsay said...

Good job Logan!!! Potty training is no fun at all... No more diapers for a little while =)

Alicia said...

Yay! I am so happy, I know it has been quite the ordeal. Thats funny that you say you let him watch you pee, because a while ago when I was watching him I told him I needed to pee and he asked, "can I watch you?" I didn't find it to be too weird since I knew you were potty training him:) And he looks so cute in his little undies:) Also I missed your post on the cheese soup somehow...i love that soup and will definitely be making that one soon!

Unknown said...

YAY!