Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1855 miles.....

1855 miles.... that's how far Luke, Logan and I have driven in a little over a week. That's about 28 hours, people!!! Luke had to go to Pasadena then Mesa for work. He was supposed to be gone for 2 weeks so Logan and I went with him. I really don't think I could handle 2 weeks alone with a 2 year old... I'm just not cut out to be a single mother. 

Anyway, we were off to Pasadena first, stopping in Vegas for a night to break up the drive for Logan. While we were there we took Logan to the LA zoo, which was actually pretty nice! After the zoo we drove down Hollywood and Sunset boulevards. (Below is a church just above Hollywood Blvd. that I thought had some neat architecture.) Then we went to Beverly Hills where we drove past the Playboy Mansion (there were massive hedges all around the property so we could only see the very top of the house :-( oh well!) and I made Luke drive down Rodeo Drive so I could catch a glimpse of high society!

On our last night in Pasadena, Logan was up all night throwing up. The next morning we debated staying in Pasadena one more day to let Logan feel better or just getting on with the drive. He hadn't thrown up in a while so we decided to just get the drive over with. We arrive in Mesa with no car puke incidents, woohoo!

The next morning Luke meets with the people he is supposed to be working with all of the next week. They inform him that the site isn't ready and they won't need him for at least a couple more weeks. Seriously??? We drove all the way to Mesa for nothing. If we would have stayed in Pasadena one more night we could have skipped the Mesa trip all together! On the plus side we didn't have to live in a hotel for another week.

I have to say that I'm so proud of Logan!! He did amazing.. he just watched his shows in the backseat with almost no complaining. Really the only time he started to get a little whiney was at the end of our 3rd straight day in the car... even I was getting a little whiney at that point! 

So that's the story of our 1855 mile road trip! 


Below is the ingenious device that Luke built to strap our portable DVD player to the middle console. As you can see, it even has a place to store some DVD's so I didn't have to keep reaching into the backseat! I love it!!   

4 comments:

Alicia said...

That is way to much driving for my bones! That is nice that Logan was so good though. That could have made the trip miserable. That really sucks they didn't call you and let you know he didn't need to work...what is that all about?? Anyhow, we are going to dinner friday with mom and dad so you guys should come...then we can show you guys all of our pictures! And tell you our stories of drag queens and Thai prostitutes.:)

Lindsay said...

That really bites... So you just turned right back around and drove home?? Very naughty of them not to tell him! But I'm glad Logan was so good in the car- What a trooper!

Brittany said...

Logan was quite the trooper!! That is seriously amazing, maybe he's cut out for life in a car seat :)
To bad about not really having to go down there- but hey it sounds like you still had an adventure!

Unknown said...

Great!! That is awesome! I am sad you didn't get to see the playboy mansion. That is a stop I would have made myself. They probably have sooo many peeping toms though. That is probably the reason for the fence. Doesn't it stink when you go down Rodeo Drive. That kind of shoppping always makes me feel small.. I think it is great you get to travel with your hubby. I would love that. Though. now I have three kinds. Wouldn't work so well anymore....