Luke recently had to go to Washington DC for a series of meetings and, as usual, I went along to make the flight a bit easier for Luke. I absolutely love the East Coast... it's so green and lovely. There was an awesome rain storm one night... lightening every 5 seconds... pouring rain. Luke and I ran from the car to the hotel, we were in the rain for probably 4 seconds, and we were completely soaked. I just love storms like that! Anyway, here are some highlights:

The White House (obviously)

The Washington Monument. We didn't have a chance to ride up to the top. We only had one day for sight-seeing so we wanted to get in as much as we could.

The view looking across the WWII memorial and reflecting pool to the Lincoln memorial.

WWII memorial again.

WWII memorial pond. The pillars with wreaths on them behind me each have the name of a state on them.

View across the reflecting pond to the Lincoln memorial.

Looking the other direction across the WWII memorial.


The Vietnam memorial. This wall was huge, pictures just don't do it justice. For those who don't know the names on the wall are those KIA or MIA. There are so many names... as Luke and I were walking along the length of the wall, I couldn't help but get a little choked up contemplating the price these men and women paid for our country.

The Capitol Building. As this picture was being taken our Congress was inside debating the bailout. So you could say this picture is a little piece of history! :-)

JFK's grave.

4 comments:
That is awesome! I want to go back. I like that you were there for the little piece of history. I know what you mean about the wall from vietnam too. It is overwhelming. Missed you in class... I will have to show you what we learned. It is good info.
That looks so fun! I love it there. So much history and so much to do! I didn't know you could ride to the top of the washington monument! Awesome!
I loved our trip to Washington D.C. So much to see and do! Loved all of your cute picts =)
I love Washington! I'm going to go there for Thanksgiving this year. Makes me feel so patriotic to go there. Nice of you to support Luke :)
Post a Comment